Who ever said selling a home would be easy? We do! At Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices we can make the process as smooth and simple as possible. That said, if you are thinking of selling your home yourself, then you should be prepared to handle the following seven steps on your own.
- Clean Your Home. When a potential buyer comes into your home, you need to make a good first impression. If they see a dirty home, they are going to assume that you have not taken care of the home and may make a lower offer or be less interested.
- Have your home pre-inspected. This is not a must, but many sellers get a pre-inspection so that they will have no surprises later on when the inspection is completed by the buyer’s agent.
- Make minor repairs and touch-ups. How significantly you want to repair and touch up your home will vary based on whether your home is in a seller’s market or a buyer’s market.
- Get an appraisal. Once again, this is not required but it can be very helpful in deciding on a listing price and showing potential buyers what the home is worth.
- Staging the home. If you are still living in the home then staging may consist of decluttering and getting rid of family photos and other personal effects. If you have moved out, then it is likely you will want to hire a professional stager to better showcase your home.
- Price your home. If you decided to get an appraisal then you likely have a price in mind. At this point, you can count on Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices to offer a wide range of tools and resources to help you competitively list your home.
- Market your home. If you do this on your own, it can bet expensive. There are many reasons to work with a Realtor, including the fact that we handle the marketing. If you are selling on your own, hire a professional photographer to get photos of your home and perhaps a video walk through. Put up a sign to show that your home is for sale and list it in local real estate listing guides.
Do these seven steps seem overwhelming? Do you want to find the best way to reduce the amount of work you have to do while also maximizing the asking price you can expect? Then you want to work with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. To find out more about the many ways in which we can help sell your home, contact us at (310) 373-0021 now.